Play your favorite rock tunes with your peers under the guided instruction of our experienced faculty!
Each session includes 8 weeks of rehearsals and culminates with a performance at a local venue.
Who Can Participate
To participate, students must have a solid foundation of playing or singing fundamentals, which typically translates into one year minimum of lessons. Students must be currently enrolled in lessons either at Fairfield School of Music or elsewhere and have a referral from their teacher. In some circumstances, students may be asked to attend a brief audition.
Each band will have a minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 8:
||Max # per band:
Instrumentalists can also sing lead/back-up vocals if they would like. A note should be made at the time of registration if a student would like to sing in addition to playing their instrument.
Why Choose Rock Band at FSM
- We provide a safe, clean rehearsal space
- We provide the equipment: amps, microphones, PA system, drum kit, piano & keyboards. (Guitarists & bassists provide their own instruments).
- We book a local music venue for all of our Rock Band performances so students can have a real performance experience in front of their family and friends.
- All of our Rock Band instructors have a college degree in music. Many other Rock Band programs do not require a college degree from their teachers. Our instructors also have many years of teaching experience, and they continue to perform regularly as professional musicians.
- Students gain valuable musical experience and skills from our program including enhanced musicality, improved aural skills, stage presence & performance skills, band dynamics, and overall musicianship.
- Unlike other schools, we require each student to have a minimum of one year experience on his/her instrument so everyone in the band can focus on making real music right away.
- If you take lessons elsewhere, you don’t have to enroll in private lessons at our school unless you want to. Other places require students to enroll in private lessons at their school if they want to participate in Rock Band.
- More value for your time and money. Unlike other schools, students in our program don’t have idle time or lengthy 3 hour rehearsals, where they wait for their turn to play on just one or two songs. Students in our program are actively involved at each rehearsal, so their time (and your money) is respected and valued.
FSM Students: $575
Non-FSM Students: $625
Tuition may be paid in full or in two monthly installments, debited by an automatic credit card or bank account charge.
To Register: Call the school for more info or stop by to register in person.
Space is limited. Register today!